Students are representatives of our school from the moment they leave home until they return and are thus expected to set themselves a high standard of behaviour both inside and outside the school. Students are expected to obey all school rules when they are on the school grounds and when they are clearly associated with the school i.e. when wearing the school uniform.
Our school culture is a collection of our traditions, beliefs, policies and norms within our community. Our culture shapes, defines and gives expression to who we are as a school. We uphold the content of our culture and we remain determined to defend the document as Administrators, Teachers, Students, Parents and the whole S-TEE community.
A noisy and disorganized environment breeds chaos, disorderliness and failure. Hence in S-TEE, our culture in over 35 years has been carefully structured and maintained in order to keep up our image and project our values as a top flight educational institution committed to producing well rounded students with a disciplined lifestyle, committed to excellence in academics, attitude and appearance.
Every staff and student of this institution is to operate by the codes of our mission, the spirit of our anthem, the confessions of our creed and the demands of our core values. Our vision is to raise godly men and women who will create positive changes in the world and we appreciate the importance of our culture in sustaining the vision.
This culture is demanded from all members of our community. We are to preach it eloquently and practice it responsibly.
The Triple A Principle
S-TEE is guided by three principles which work together in helping us achieve our goals as staff and students.
S-TEE is a reputable academic institution established to promote excellent academic, moral, intellectual training to learners from pre-school to post secondary levels. We focus primarily on raising godly children with sound academic training to be responsible adults contributing to the socio-economic development of their world.
Our curriculum is a rich blend of our national education curriculum and global educational standards/world view. Our curriculum is designed to deliver world class citizens, able to function and thrive in any higher institution anywhere in the world and ultimately to be well equipped to create value and create wealth in any economic climate.
The 21st century opens new trends and realities in life that ultimately affect teaching and learning style all across the world. Current trends in education stipulate more dynamic result-oriented approaches in preparing our learners for life inside the classroom. It becomes very important for our curriculum to reflect the changing pattern of our present realities.
With well trained faculty constantly upgraded and exposed to modern teaching methods, our teachers adopt the personalities and attributes of coaches, mentors, counsellors, trainers, role models in raising our learners to thrive in a healthy community of mutual respect.
Academics are taken very seriously in S-TEE and students learn that hard work is very rewarding.
- Students are to have at least 85% class attendance per term.
- Students must do all homework and turn them in as at when due.
- Continuous Assessment Tests must be taken very seriously.
- Cheating on tests, examinations, assignments or projects is forbidden.
In S-TEE, we are all about positivity and possibility. Having the right attitude will attract the right people to you.
- Every student must greet every adult they come in contact with.
- Rudeness to teachers and students is prohibited.
- Gangs/cliques and cults are strongly prohibited.
- All students must be at school before or by 7:30am. Any minute past 7:30am is late and it’s a punishable offence.
- Any verbal or physical form of bullying and victimisation is strictly forbidden.
- Loitering around the school compound is prohibited
- Littering the school compound is forbidden. There are waste bins located around the school for disposal of waste.
- Chewing of any sort is not allowed during classes.
- Phones and electronics are not allowed.
At S-TEE, we strongly believe that your appearance is a pointer to your address. All students are expected at all times to be neat, tidy and well groomed in order to be good ambassadors of S-TEE.
- The school uniform must be worn tidily and correctly both at school and between home and school.
- The full school uniform must be worn on Assembly days i.e. Mondays and Fridays
- Apart from earrings (for girls only) and wristwatches, no other jewellery of any kind, religious or cultural significance should be worn.
- Hair must be of natural colour and must be neatly cut or weaved.
- The wearing of make-up is prohibited.
- Fingernails must be worn short